Thursday, May 13, 2010

My new Dell Studio 15 and already problems

I got a new Dell Studio 15 Laptop only last week. But all the excitement was short lived due to a hardware problem. My CD got struck in the CD Drive and no matter what I did, was not able to eject the CD. One drawback in the is the absence of a physical button by which I can force the CD to eject. I will have to eject the CD by pressing a button on the key board. The other option being right clicking on the drive in My Computer and choosing eject. Well both of them let me down. Even multiple restarts and shutdowns did not help me in getting the CD ejected.

I was left with no choice but to call the helpline. Fortunately their service was excellent. The very next day an engineer dropped by and he had to replace the entire drive. After discussing this issue I faced with my friends, they informed me the problem is present in all the laptops where the drive provided is of slot type with no hardware means to eject the CD. There are a lot of complaints in all the other laptops using a similar kind of CD Drive. So if you are going for a new laptop, do check the drive type.

Other than that the laptop is excellent for multimedia. Superb sound quality beating even the latest Inspiron series. So all the video and music freaks this is the laptop to go for.
Hope I wont have to bear anymore unpleasant surprises in enjoying my first laptop.

1 comment:

  1. hey...gautam.got much bad experience to share;-).I got my dell studio laptop 3 weeks back...opened the box and was disappointed to see the topcover and side frame was not fit properly.service guys said they wu fix it in 4 days but gave it after 14 days tat to after getting blastings from my side.he he....but really a bad experience.still...laptop is super cooll..:-)

    ReplyDelete